Sunday 27 April 2008

New Chuckle Monkey art download

I should have uploaded a new Chuckle Monkey digital art stamp image yesterday evening but I got sidetracked. I have just nipped in for a cup of cha as I have been gardening in the rain (yes I am a tad mad) still got tons more re-potting to do including over 200 sunflowers, I kid you not, in the greenhouse and plant out my spinach and broccoli. Just done the chillies and peppers. So I shall upload the new image this evening when I'm done in the garden. So please check back again later.

Cheers ears :)

Ok I am going to bore you to death with some gardeing pics now. Just harvested my first batch of cut n come again lettuce salad leaves. Sick to death of the price Sainsburys charge for their bistro salad, it is delishhhhhhhhhhh. They should be double the size in a weeks time.

6 comments:

  1. I agree it's disgusting the prices the supermarkets charge for their salad stuffs. Look forward to seeing your lickle ickle lettuces grow into humungous lushious leafy beauties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh new chuckle monkey YAY looking forward 2 it

    LOLLIES
    Hope you had fun gardening

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do think it helps to be a little mad......and I like to see a few gardening photographs....I made a wigwam on Saturday :-) Have a great time and I'll check back to see the Chuckle monkey later - Chrissyx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHHHH WOW! these look magnificent rachael! you really enjoy your garden and planting of flowers and veg!my mum would want to come visit your garden....! infact, i fany coming to visit your garden! sounds heaven!

    sequin
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all of your lovely comments ladies :)

    I've been building wigwams too some for my pots with sweet peas in and the others for my runner beans and broad beans. I love garedning it's soo relaxing.

    Cheers ears :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not the only mad gardener...yah hay!! At the moment my living room looks more like a garden centre!! Last year I lost some of my lovingly potted plug plants to a frost, even tho they were in the greenhouse,covered,so taking no chances this year - have the babies all lined up, in trays, by patio windows, luckily I have french doors in another room or the rest of them would be sat on the sofa with me!! I still have to plant my cut and grow salad, bit late really looking at yours! Last year I too decided that I wld no longer pay supermarket prices & cropped all summer, it's not just the prices either, a lot of s/market produce is grown in countries that have severe water shortage,I was alarmed to read, Guardian I think, that the poor farmers growing crops for our shelves don't have enough drinking water for their own consumption because of this! I'm no eco-warrior but found this heart-breaking. Just wish I had more room to grow all my own veg, I do potatoes in buckets & this year hope to try more root veg in buckets, although I have the room I need raised beds & with no-one to build them, I'm left with buckets!! I'm not moaning, it's fun, my potatoes have never failed, strawberries and tomatoes go in baskets & my small greehouse is big enough for salad leaves and courgettes. Can't wait for the frosts to be over tho so I can reclaim the lounge!!lol!!

    ReplyDelete